For years I have written for radio, television, motion pictures and the stage, also producing plays in Los Angeles. But the story of my husband’s grandfather consumed me for some time, and Exhibitionist is the culmination of years of immersion in the family history with the intent of writing a book that chronicles the life and times of one of the most colorful, influential art dealers of the twentieth century.
With my next book, Corita Kent. Art and Soul. The Biography. I explored once again a remarkable figure’s influence upon an unsuspecting art scene during a crucial time in American history. That my protagonist is a female, an artist and a rebellious nun has proven enticing to readers like you. Please spread the word!
Read the LA Times feature about the house I lived in for 40+ years—an architectural and art historical jewel in the Hollywood Hills. Here is where I wrote my next two books, contributing to a series of “Short Biographies,” which illuminate the lives of famous artists.
- Thread at Yale 2017 for Storytellers in Modern Media
- Exhibitionist was named on book critic David Kipen’s top ten list of BEST BOOKS published in California in 2011
- Hedgebrook Writing Fellowship Residencies and Reader, Resident Selections
- Historical Society of Southern California Research Grants (two) for Exhibitionist
- L.A. Stage Alliance Ovation Award Nomination for “Best Musical,” Producer
- La Femme Film Festival Best Screenplay
- Moondance International Film Festival Sandcastle Award for Feature Screenplay
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Ragdale Foundation Writing Fellowship Residencies and Juror, Selections Committee
- Writers Guild of America Award Nominations (two) in Radio Drama
- The Authors Guild
- Biographers International Organization (BIO)
- Ethnic Arts Council of Los Angeles
- Gualala Arts
- LAVA, the Los Angeles Visionaries Association
- Order of the Golden Bruin
- Pen America
- UCLA Alumni Association
- Women in Film
- Women in Theatre
- Writers Guild of America, west